Malifaux: Through the Breach
Malifaux Glossary of Terms
- Breach, the: The tear in space that permits passage between Earth and Malifaux. Things on the Malifaux side of the portal are said to be Breachside, while everything back on Earth is said to be Earthside.
- Gremlin: A race of small green folk who live in the swamps of Malifaux. Also known as goblins or swampers.
- Guild, the: More properly the Guild of Mercantilers. The Guild is the global corporation that controls the flow of soulstone from Malifaux, and which runs the entire world of Malifaux as a company holding.
- Malifaux: A parallel dimension separated from Earth by the Breach. Also the name of the only known city on that world.
- Neverborn: A collective name for the dozens of supernatural beings that call Malifaux home. Extremely hostile to humans, and some of them seem capable of limited shapeshifting.
- Sorcery: The ancient tradition of magic, as filtered through various mystical and semi-scientific theories and practices.
- Soulstone: A mystical mineral found only in Malifaux. When left in the presence of a dying human, soulstone begins to glow with unearthly light, absorbing the last of their life force as it escapes the body.
- Witch: An unlicensed practitioner of magic, considered a criminal and potential terrorist by the Guild.